I look forward to promoting stronger U.S.-Latvia ties and working with AmCham members to ensure Latvia is a trusted destination for international business.
John Tully, Chairman of the Board of MikroTik
FICIL is a business organization made up of the largest foreign investors in Latvia and 12 chambers of commerce. FICIL's mission is to improve the business environment and grow foreign investments in Latvia through an active dialogue with the government. Since 1999 FICIL meets annually with the Latvian government at a High Council meeting, providing expertise and recommendations on Latvia's economic development.
At the end of 2022, FICIL introduced a new work group structure aligned with the new FICIL Strategy and priority areas that will bring more benefit to the overall investment environment.
FICIL offers six work groups that will meet on a regular basis with additional sub-groups called on an ad-hoc basis:
- Energy & Green Economy (Leader: Dace Cīrule of BritCham)
- Data & Digital Transformation (Leader: Edvīns Elferts of KPMG)
- Public Sector Reform (Leader: Reinis Āzis of VNT)
- Labor force & Re-qualification (Leaders: Irina Kostina of AmCham & Claudio Rivera of NCCL)
- Shadow Economy Combatting (Leader: Evita Goša of Schwenk)
- Investment Protection (Leader: Māris Vainovskis of Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns)
AmCham members are invited to delegate its representatives to participate in the FICIL working groups, based on members' interest or expertise in any particular area. If you would like contribute and take an active part in driving any of the topics above through FICIL, please register at: email@example.com.
AmCham works hard to accomplish its goals and is a voice in the business community that is heard.
Filips Klavins, Managing Partner at Ellex Klavins