Roche Latvija is pleased to be part of the AmCham community.
Rauls Vēliņš, General Manager, Roche Latvija
Luncheon on fighting financial crime in Latvia with Ilze Znotiņa, Director of Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) took place Monday, October 15 at 11:30 at Grand Palace Hotel, Pils 12. Ilze Znotiņa, Director of FIU in Latvia shared her experience of regulatory issues in insolvency, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering, fraud and white-collar crime. She encouraged to strengthen the dialogue between FIU and private sectors in order to ensure the necessary information sharing and collaboration.
In today’s complex, global financial environment, compliance remains key in reducing risks of financial crime.
The head of the FIU in Latvia addressed:
- FIU’s priorities and strategy for combating financial crime and increasing compliance;
- Raising awareness of money laundering and terrorist financing risks;
- Implementation and enforcement of the Sanction Law in Latvia;
- The impact of Moneyval report on Latvia and the action plan;
- Way forward to restoring financial sector’s reputation.
About the Speaker:
AmCham brings together companies from different industries & possibilities to improve a common ecosystem.
Valeria Kogan, Chairman of the Board of Smartomica