Being part of AmCham is a great way to maintain business contacts with entrepreneurs and professionals.
Normunds Bergs, Chief Executive Officer, SAF Tehnika
Did you know that the Baltic-American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) Leadership Academy is not only about learning? Participants enjoy a 5-day tour of New York and Washington DC, funded by BAFF. Apply and maybe you will be the one to climb the Empire State Building, get a guided tour of the UN and see the White House with your own eyes. Application deadline is March 11!
BAFF offers this exciting scholarship as part of its mission to strengthen ties between the Baltics and the United States and to invest in the development of young Baltic leaders and entrepreneurs. Scholarship recipients will complete an innovative experiential three-week curriculum provided by CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange through the Global Navigator High School Summer Program for Global Entrepreneurship.
This program will engage participants in the mindset, skills, and practices of successful entrepreneurs and industry leaders. All participants will create their own personal action plans and present them in a professional setting before implementing them upon return home. Participants will increase their self-confidence, improve communication skills, and practice leadership skills in informal and formal environments. Lectures and workshops will be held on the college campus, but there will also be fun sports and activities as well as relaxing down time to keep a good balance between fun and the professional environment of the course. At the conclusion of the program, participants will take a short tour of New York City and Washington, D.C. in order to complete their unforgettable American summer experience.
You will receive:
- A certificate of learning in global entrepreneurship
- A final business presentation to share with your teachers at home
- Membership in the BAFF Leadership Academy Alumni Association
The scholarship includes:
- Room, board and travel while in the United States
- Round-trip international airfare
- Travel health insurance while in the United States, provided by CIEE
- Online pre-departure orientation course
- In-person orientation
- Participation in the three-week CIEE Global Navigator High - School Summer Program for Global Entrepreneurship
- A five-day tour of New York and Washington, D.C. upon completion of the CIEE program
You will need to cover:
- Participant and one parent must attend pre-departure orientation in Riga
- Cover ESTA (for Visa Waiver Program Travelers registering under ESTA)
- Participant must have pocket money for 4-weeks (approximately 0)
- Travel to and from Baltic departure airport
Read more about how to apply here: http://bit.ly/BAFFLA2019
AmCham and PwC share the same values and targets to achieve socially.
Zlata Elksnina-Zascirinska, Country Managing Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers