Prestigious international legal directory Chambers Global announced leading law firms and attorneys of the Baltic States. LAWIN maintains the leader's position within Corporate/Commercial law practice and continues to enjoy the highest number of lawyers with the individual recognition in the Baltics.
According to the recently released rankings report, LAWIN has 15 lawyers with the individual recognition within Corporate/Commercial law - the highest number among Band 1 law firms in the Baltics. Moreover, LAWIN partners - Martin Simovart (Estonia), Filips Klavins (Latvia), Rolandas Valiūnas and Žilvinas Zinkevičius (Lithuania) received Band 1 individual rankings, thus being recognised among the top leading attorneys in their countries.
LAWIN most representative experience of the time of research included:
- representation of UAB Vaidana in acquisition of 59.86 per cent of shares in AB Snaigė, the largest manufacturer of refrigerators in Lithuania;
- representation of the fifth largest European telecommunications operator TeliaSonera in acquiring 7.87 per cent of shares in TEO LT from East Capital;
- Advising a global leader in security solutions, Securitas, on its acquisition of 65% of the shares in the security services company Ave Lat Sargs in Latvia;
- Advising on the sale and acquisition of AS Expobank- one of the oldest banks in Latvia, formerly known as AS "LTB Bank";
- Advising DFDS A/S in acquisition of the freight and passenger route between Paldiski in Estonia and Kapellskär in Sweden from the Estonian shipping company Baltic Scandinavian Lines (BSL);
- Advising Outokumpu in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania on the sale of 100% interest in its Baltic subsidiaries to Amari group companies.