For the fifth time in Latvia the "Work from anywhere!" day took place May 27 at 13:00 at the square of Latvian National Museum of Art. The aim of the event is to spread the word about flexible approach to work, to highlight its advantages, as well as to provide tips on the best ways how to organize such a workstyle.
The organizers of the event provided a creative work environment as well as speakers who shared their thoughts on elastic work arrangements, covering topics, such as:
- How to work outside office and still adhere to principles of ergonomics, thus preserving one's health;
- Government's e-services and WWF's green office project;
- How to regain energy without eating unhealthy snacks or drinking coffee;
- Business leaders will share their top 5 recommendations on how to introduce flexible workstyle in organizations.
At the "Work from anywhere" day Latvia's businesses, government organizations and NGOs were encouraged to try out what it is like to adopt a flexible workstyle, which entail:
- Working together and networking in a creative environment in a fresh air;
- Saving time and planning one's work-day according to the most important tasks;
- Balancing work and personal life;
- Minimizing impact on the environment.
"Work from anywhere!" day brought around 300 participants from around 100 organizations. Participants had an opportunity to access to Wi-fi (provided by Lattelecom) as well as different activities organized by partners of the initiative.
Supporters of the initiative:
Gemius, Mailigen, Kakao, LIKTA, Elva Baltic, Trentini, Borisa un Ināras Teterevu fonds, Kursors, ē! Valsts ir internet, Latvijas pilsoniskā alianse, Jabra, Belam,TechHub, LASAP, ALSO, Chaula.tv, TVG, devclub.lv, Accenture, Banku Augstskola, Electrolux, Mans bankets
Partners of the initiative: