What does the future hold for airBaltic?

Jan 13
Hilton Garden Inn Riga Old Town, Grecinieku 25

On January 13,  On January 13th, at the Hilton Garden Inn Riga Old Town, Martin Gauss, President and CEO of airBaltic, met with AmCham members and guests to share his insights about the future of airBaltic.

Mr. Gauss highlighted airBaltic's latest development - the addition of SpaceX’s "Starlink" internet connectivity system into the entire Airbus A220-300 fleet. Upon entering the plane, every passenger will soon benefit from complementary, in-flight high-speed internet access during all airBaltic flights without hassles or login pages. The company works on the required STC (supplemental type certification) approval and is expected to begin installing the product on the entire airBaltic Airbus A220-300 fleet later this year.

AirBaltic connects the Baltic region with over 70 destinations throughout Europe, the Middle East, and the CIS. Over the last 27 years, airBaltic has developed as a strong, profitable, and internationally respected airline, which employs more than 2100 employees. AirBaltic is by far the best-known international brand in Latvia responsible for more than 2.5% of the Latvian GDP. AirBaltic operates 39 Airbus A220-300 aircraft and has received numerous international awards for excellence and innovative services. Skytrax has awarded the Latvian airline a five–star COVID-19 safety rating along with the "Best Airline in Eastern Europe" acknowledgment in 2022.

Established in 1995, airBaltic is a joint stock company. The airline’s primary shareholder is the Latvian state, which holds 97.96% of the stock, while the remaining 2.04% is divided among other shareholders. In 2024 airBaltic plans to issue an IPO on the Nasdaq Riga stock exchange.

< Back to Events


SAF Tehnika


Together with AmCham we can develop our networking not only in the local market with local companies, but also reach out to good partners far away from Latvia.

Ugis Grigorjevs, Head of Sales at Nordwoc

AmCham reflects our values and enables us to meet similarly-minded people.

Daiga Auzina-Melalksne, Chair of NASDAQ Riga