Business & Talent Forum is a joint event organized by Riga Business School in cooperation with AmCham and Norwegian Chamber of Commerce. It took place on April 6, 15:00 at Riga Business School. The event is an innovative meeting of corporate, government and student leaders and an opportunity to discuss how to build, attract and develop future talent.
This year’s focus was on how to make companies interesting to millenials. The program included presentations and panel discussion, covering the importance of developing, attracting and retaining talent in Latvia as well as share their views on the situation in the job market today, the challenges Latvia faces in this respect as well as suggest what can be done to prevent the outflow of talent from Latvia.
The keynote speakers were as follows:
- JENNIFER J. DEAL (Ph.D) is Senior Research Scientist at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) in California. She is an internationally recognized expert on generational differences and author of several books incl. "What Millennials Want from Work". She focuses on global leadership and generational differences and has been featured in such media as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Guardian, strategy+business and Forbes. She is also the manager of CCL's World Leadership Survey and the Emerging Leaders research project.
- HEGE AAMOTSMO is HR Director and Senior Vice President HR of Orkla Confectionery & Snacks. She has 30 years of experience and has been HR Director of IKEA Norway, Coca Cola Tapperierne in Denmark and Lindorff in Norway. Orkla is the leading supplier of branded consumer goods with 80% of turnover within the Nordic and Baltic region. Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with head office in Oslo. Orkla is ranked as the best employer in the FMCG industry, according to Universum's ranking of Norway's most attractive employers in 2016.
The keynotes were followed by panel discussion:
- Uģis Balmaks, COO of iPS Media;
- Emīls Katajs Member of the Board of SIA AquilaConsulting, RBS student;
- Raivis Kalniņš, CEO of Brain Games Ltd;
- Mārtiņš Tiknuss, Managing Partner of Gateway & Partners.
The event was moderated by Kristīne Žilde - Krēvica, TV3 journalist and moderator, RBS MBA graduate.