On Octrober 21, AmCham in partnership with Tatarklubben invited members to join webinar with Harvard Business School professors Marco Iansiti and Karim Lakhani who explored the topic - Competing in the Age of AI. Iansiti and Lakhani discussed why and how to reinvent the firm in this AI era and benefits of doing so. They also described how the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically accelerated this digital transformation. Watch the livestream video here.
Historically, business growth has been restricted by a firm’s scale, scope, and learning. But in their recent book Competing in the Age of AI, Harvard Business School professors Marco Iansiti and Karim Lakhani show how reinventing the firm around data, analytics, and AI can remove these constraints on growth.
In this webinar Iansiti and Lakhani:
- Described what it means to compete in the age of AI
- Examined the role of AI-centric organizations in responding to COVID-19, transforming health care, and working to develop a vaccine
- Presented a framework for rethinking business and operating models
- Suggested a new type of operating architecture for AI-centric firms
- Shared research and real-world case studies from companies such as Amazon, Netflix, and Airbnb