Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija is taking responisbility for the environment and local community. The hotel has a special responisble business (RB) plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. The hotel has been awarded with the Green Key eco-label.
There are some activities they practice every day to make a world a better place:
- Building Management System to ensure energy efficient operation of technical systems;
- Collecting used batteries;
- Constant upgrade of ventilation and cooling systems to save energy;
- Donating small guest room amenities to orphanages;
- Exchanging towels only on guest request;
- Main light switch operated with key card in hotel rooms to reduce the consumption of electricity;
- Monitoring and measuring consumption of water and electricity;
- Ongoing change to low-energy bulbs and LED lighting;
- Pre-sorting waste to reduce the volume;
- Preventive maintenance program to save electricity and water;
- Preparing soup for people from social houses every week;
- Providing ongoing RB training for all employees;
- Regular donations of textiles and toys to the local Red Cross;
- Responsible Business hotel team - all departments involved.