We are very pleased to be part of AmCham and are looking forward to driving innovation forward in Latvia.
Mikko Fernström, General Manager, Biogen Latvia
AmCham, as an Associate member of the Foreign Investors' Council in Latvia (FICIL), is invited to delegate its members to take part in the working groups aiming at proposing constructive recommendations to the government on a variety of issues.
FICIL is a business organization made up of the largest foreign investors in Latvia and 12 chambers of commerce. FICIL's mission is to improve the business environment and grow foreign investments in Latvia through an active dialogue with the government. Since 1999 FICIL has met annually with the Latvian government at a High Council meeting, providing expertise and recommendations on Latvia's economic development.
FICIL work group structure is aligned with the FICIL Strategy to benefit the overall investment environment.
FICIL work groups meet on a regular basis:
- Energy & Green Economy (Leader: Dace Cīrule of BritCham)
- Data & Digital Transformation (Leader: Edvīns Elferts of KPMG)
- Public Sector Reform (Leader: Reinis Āzis of VNT)
- Labor force & Re-qualification (Leaders: Irina Kostina of AmCham & Claudio Rivera of NCCL)
- Shadow Economy Combatting (Leader: Evita Goša of Schwenk)
- Investment Protection (Leader: Māris Vainovskis of Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns)
AmCham members are invited to delegate its representatives to participate in the FICIL working groups, based on members' expertise in any particular area. If you would like to contribute and take an active part in driving any of the topics above through FICIL, please register at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would highly recommend membership to other professionals looking to expand their business connections.
Gundars Ziemanis, Latvia branch Country Manager, Siemens Healthineers